The Advanced Diploma of The Pilates Method (10538NAT) is a post-graduate style course following on from the Diploma of Professional Pilates Instruction (10537NAT) or the equivalent level of prerequisite training. The Advanced Diploma of The Pilates Method provides the practical skills and related scientific knowledge required to become a competent and effective practitioner, health care advisor and therapist in the field of Pilates. Successful completion of this course will mean you are competent at dealing with healthy to moderate risk level clients, teach up to the late intermediate repertoire on all apparatus and be able to manage a Pilates/health practice. Functions within the Pilates industry for those with this qualification include:
- Managing and/or administering a Pilates studio practice with responsibility for supervising and/or managing staff
- Working under guidelines set by medical or allied health professionals in programs or services related to injury rehabilitation and underlying pathologies
- Working closely with at risk clients in referral with allied health professionals
- Leading and instructing Pilates exercise for clients with musculoskeletal impairment; both individually and in a group
- Leading and instructing Pilates exercise for all client types up to and including late intermediate repertoire and specific conditioning
What will I learn?
The Advanced Diploma of The Pilates Method (10538NAT) has been developed to provide vocational training for the more senior and experienced Pilates Practitioner working with at risk clientele, whilst carrying out studio management roles and the supervision of staff. It provides the practical skills and scientific knowledge required to become a competent and effective practitioner and health care advisor in the field of Pilates.
The following program areas describe the content for the Advanced Diploma course:
- Caring for at risk clientele:
This includes advanced anatomy and physiology with application of advanced knowledge, including Pre-Pilates and specific Pilates repertoire, to systems of the body, the study of low to moderate level musculoskeletal injuries and conditions, programming strategies for low to moderate risk client conditions and injuries, programming strategies for rehabilitation of in depth musculoskeletal injuries, critical analysis of research relevant to the Pilates method as an allied health modality.
- Managing a practice:
This includes managing and administering a Pilates studio or Healthcare practice
- Integrated repetoire 6:
This includes late intermediate repertoire on the Reformer, Cadillac (trap table), Wunda Chair, High Barrel, Spine Corrector and Low Barrels, Ped-a-Pul, and all small apparatus, as well as matwork. Programming applications for the studio and matwork environment.
Book a Complimentary Trial Matwork Session in October 2018 to visit the CBD studio and meet current students of National Pilates Training.
Or, request a call back from our Director of Training, Katrina Edwards for further details.