- Instructor Training
It’s time we increased our knowledge of this disease as there is a strong chance many of our clients will fall into this population.
Jump for Joy Part 2 – Pilates for Osteoporosis: Minimising the risk of fracture
This workshop explores the development and diagnosis of osteoporosis, who is at risk and the volume of people affected. Programming strategies will focus on minimising fracture through the application of indicated and contraindicated Pilates repertoire with a focus on falls management and an understanding of possible fracture sites. The program will have a heavy matwork focus, so will be relevant to both matwork and studio Pilates instructors.
• What is osteoporosis & osteopenia?
• Pathophysiology and epidemiology, including bone remodelling and risk factors of the disease
• Diagnosis – understanding DXA Scores
• Bone fracture risk management and falls prevention
• Ability to apply Pilates repertoire for clients with osteoporosis with an understanding of indications and contraindications.
Suitable for – both studio and matwork qualified Pilates Instructors.
Assessment will include – practical observation throughout the workshop and a short pop quiz.
Time: 2pm – 6pm
Date: Friday October 21
Location: Level 4, 370 Little Bourke St Melbourne
Continuing Education Points
PAA PDPs = 4 pts APMA CECs = 4 pts