- Instructor Training
With 1 in 3 women and 1 in 5 men over 50 experiencing an osteoporotic fracture, it’s time to increase your knowledge of this disease, as there is a strong chance many of your clients will fall into this population.
This workshop explores the development and diagnosis of osteoporosis, who is at risk and the volume of people affected. Programming strategies will focus on minimising fracture, through the application of indicated and knowledge of contraindicated Pilates repertoire. There will be a focus on falls management and an understanding of possible fracture sites. The program will have a heavy matwork focus, so will be relevant to both matwork and studio Pilates instructors.
• What is osteoporosis & osteopenia?
• Pathophysiology and epidemiology, including bone remodelling and risk factors of the disease
• Diagnosis – understanding DXA Scores
• Bone fracture risk management and falls prevention
• Ability to apply Pilates repertoire for clients with osteoporosis with an understanding of indications and contraindications
This workshop is suitable for both studio and matwork qualified Pilates Instructors.
Assessment will include practical observation throughout the workshop and a short pop quiz.
PAA PDPs = 4 | APMA CECs = 4 | ESSA = TBC
To register your interest or for more information about holding this workshop at your venue contact National Pilates Training here.
Per attendee - $195