Increase your knowledge of the human body
Whether you are studying for a Certificate in Pilates Matwork Instruction or Diploma of Professional Pilates Instruction (10838NAT) or just have an interest in finding out more about human anatomy and the principles of movement, this course is for you.
Introduction to Anatomy covers the basic anatomy and physiology principles and practical application to movement. As a student, you will gain an understanding of the body’s skeletal structure and the role of bones and muscles in relation to movement.
Delivered through six 2-hour online modules, with a consolidating face-to-face workshop at the end, the course won’t just leave you with increased knowledge and skills, but it also gives you the opportunity to extend your social and professional network and meet people who share your passion for movement.
What will you learn?
Through a mix of online and face-to-face learning, this course will explore the following areas:
- Introduction to the muscular and skeletal systems, their roles within the body and the associated terminology.
- The structural skeletal characteristics of the lumbar spine and muscles of the lumbar region, abdominal wall and pelvic floor.
- The structural skeletal characteristics of the thoracic spine and cage, and the muscles of the thoracic region.
- Breathing and the muscles used during passive and forced respiration.
- The commonly addressed muscles of the neck and their origin, insertion and action.
- The structural skeletal characteristics and differences of the cervical spine and its varied range of motion between the different vertebrae.
- The characteristics of the skeletal structure of the shoulder and how it moves around the axial skeleton.
- The muscles of the rotator cuff and shoulder girdle and their origin, insertion and action.
- The basic characteristics of the pelvis and its surrounding musculature and their actions.
Australia’s most experienced faculty
Our faculty educators all share a passion for the Pilates Method and its incredible benefits and we can’t wait to share it with you.Meet your educators
Ready to start?
Enrol Now for June 2020 intake or online only delivery.Book a phone call