The Advanced Diploma of the Pilates Method( 10839NAT) is a nationally accredited, Australian Qualifications Framework (AQF), Level 6 Qualification giving you the equivalent of an Associates Degree with a recognised health industry outcome, titled : Pilates Practitioner.
Become a Pilates Practitioner reaching the highest level of qualification available in the Pilates industry today.
What will you learn?
By completing the Advanced Diploma of the Pilates Method (10839NAT) you become one of the few Pilates professionals in Australia certified to instruct healthy to moderate risk level clients, teach up to the late intermediate repertoire on all apparatus and manage a Pilates/health practice. As a graduate you will be ready to incorporate the following senior tasks into your practice:
- Care for at risk clientele through the advanced knowledge of anatomy and physiology
- Teach through the application of advanced knowledge, including pre-Pilates and specific Pilates repertoire, to systems of the body,
- Perform studies of low to moderate level musculoskeletal injuries and conditions
- Program strategies for low to moderate risk client conditions and injuries
- Program strategies for rehabilitation of in depth musculoskeletal injuries
- Conduct critical analysis of research relevant to the Pilates method as an allied health modality
- Manage a practice
- Teach late-intermediate repertoire on the reformer, cadillac (trap table), wunda chair, high barrel, spine corrector and low barrels, ped-a-pull, and all small apparatus, as well as matwork.
Australia’s most experienced faculty
Our senior faculty all hold the Advanced Diploma qualification and our specialists in the areas of the pilates method, high risk rehabilitation, elite sports conditioning and scoliosis.Meet your senior faculty
Work placement hours are practical hours devoted to applying what you have learned in the course in a studio environment. All students will commence with observation, and are then cleared to commence teaching type work experience on an individual basis.
For Advanced Diploma students, work placement can be completed at your principal place of work or an affiliated Studio that has attained our Work Placement Facilitation Site (WPFS) accreditation.
The Advanced Diploma of the Pilates Method (10839NAT) course is delivered through a combination of directed distance learning (online workbooks, assessments and assignments), on-the-job practical work experience, off-the-job contact (workshops, lectures), and self-directed learning, broken down as follows:
- 35 contact hours: comprising a mix of 4x contact days, 4x private sessions and 2x mentoring sessions with senior faculty
- 1000 hours of online workbooks and assessment tasks
- 200 hours of on-the-job practical observation and teaching
- 700 hours of self review and self-mastery
Direct Credit (DC), Recognition of Prior Learning (RPL) and Current Competency (RCC)
Recognition will be given for skills and knowledge gained in other courses, life experience, or training. DC, RPL and RCC assessment may include a variety of methods such as portfolio, practical test, demonstration, interview or a combination of these methods.
The competencies in this qualification may be attained in several ways:
- Formal or informal training and education, including training at work/in-house staff training
- Work experience
- General life experience and/or
- Any combination of the above
National Pilates Training has recently partnered with Study Loans Australia. Study Loans provides bespoke finance loans for students seeking assistance in paying for their vocational tertiary education. They are all about helping students advance in their careers to reach their full potential.Learn more
Ready to start?
Enrol today for online only delivery.Book a phone call